According to a study*, after only 2 weeks of using lifting desks as workstations, lower back pain is reduced by 32%. Also, working in a dynamic position improves the functioning of the reproductive and cardiovascular systems. A lifting desk is, first of all, your helper as you work to improve your health. A desk with a lifting mechanism is an advanced computer desk where a worker is comfortable both while sitting and standing. Having a superficially simple design, it is equipped with a mechanism for lifting the tabletop and comes in various types, depending on the number of supports (from 1 to 4) and purpose (office work, gaming, for kids, manual work, etc.).
* Impact of a Sit-Stand Workstation on Chronic Low Back Pain: Results of a Randomized Trial Grant T Ognibene, Wilson Torres, Rie von Eyben, Kathleen C Horst
Have you decided to work in a dynamic position?
One push of a button – and the working surface of the desk rises together with everything you need.
Monitor, keyboard and mouse – everything should be conveniently located for working in a new position:
- the monitor should be at eye level;
- the keyboard should be at elbow level, and the elbows should lie on the tabletop at an angle of 90 degrees.
The lifting desk has become popular among office workers and freelancers because it is comfortable and helps them to take care of posture and health even at work.
Benefits of an adjustable height computer desk
Adjustable height desks were invented to prevent diseases in people who work while sitting down for a long time.
The invention successfully solved the issue of comfortable standing work – it allows the user to alternate sitting and standing positions during the working day. Changing body position every 40-45 minutes is ideal.
In order to develop the optimal design parameters for our desks, we constantly consult with leading doctors: an orthopedist, a neurosurgeon, a phlebologist, a vertebrologist, and a urologist.
Health impact of an adjustable height computer desk:
- The load on the spine is 40% lower in the standing position than in the sitting one. Already after a few weeks, the condition of the spine improves and lower back pain decreases or vanishes in 32% of cases. Another CDC study shows that after just 4 weeks of working in a dynamic position, 54% of users became free of upper back and neck pain.
- Thanks to an ergonomic tabletop, the load on the neck and upper back (trapezius muscle) is reduced.
- Your work efficiency increases by an average of 30%, according to a study by a Danish behavioural design firm.
- The reproductive system starts functioning better.
- The risk of excessive weight gain decreases. By working while standing for 15 minutes of each hour, you additionally lose about 20,000 calories per year (with 40 working hours per week), which is equivalent to participating in 6 marathons.
- The cardiovascular system starts functioning better. A sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of cardiovascular disease by 147%
- The stress level decreases. In “strong positions”, the body produces more testosterone and less cortisol, which aids one’s mental and emotional activity.
- It helps to get rid of hyperirritability. By alternating sitting and standing work with the help of an adjustable height desk, you reduce the load on the connective tissue of the gluteal muscles, which in turn helps to avoid stress areas emerging in the body.
- Working in a dynamic position can reduce the risk of kidney disease by 30%.
- Decreasing blood sugar level. Studies show that when alternating body positions every 30-40 minutes, the sugar level decreases by an average of 11.1%.
Take care of your health – work in a dynamic position!
Desk with an electric drive: easy to control, made for efficient work
TEHNOTABLE desks are designed with comfort in mind. A desk equipped with an electric drive is recognised as the most comfortable. When manufacturing a lifting desk, we take into account your wishes regarding the design and materials of the tabletop for complete comfort.
Desks with electronic height adjustment are equipped with:
- a stable and sturdy frame with an electric motor;
- a tabletop with an ergonomic cut out;
- a control panel;
- an electric extension cords
In addition, the lifting desk may be equipped at your discretion with:
- an adjustable stand for one or two monitors;
- a wireless charger;
- a beverage warmer;
- a network filter;
- bar counter and much more)
An adjustable height desk offers several advantages:
- It transforms smoothly and quickly: the tabletop can be lifted by 45 cm in just 20 seconds.
- You can easily adjust the height of the desk to suit your height. There is no need to get up, bend down and look for a lever, as, for example, with gas lift-equipped desks, or turn a handle to raise the tabletop. 4-button panel simplifies controlling.
- The motor and lifting mechanisms work quietly (noise level is below 40dB).
- It is convenient: you can work both sitting and standing.
- It is comfortable. Thanks to the ergonomic cut out, you can put your elbows on the desk and work comfortably (in accordance with ISO 9241-5: 1998 – Ergonomic Requirements for Office Work with Video Display Terminals).
- It is reliable and stable: the tabletop is wide and you can lean on the edge of the desk while standing.
- You can store in the memory of the control system 4 height positions of the working surface at which you find work comfortable.