Tatiana Hryhorivna is a doctor of the highest category, phlebologist, proctologist. During the conversation, we discussed the following issues:
- is it really so harmful to sit;
- what is the load on the venous system when working while standing;
- general recommendations for taking care of your blood vessels.
To summarize briefly:
- Statics are terrible for vessels ☠️ – you need to move at least once every 2 hours. The easiest in terms of working space is squatting;
- To minimize the consequences of a long stay in a static position (sitting, standing, especially during long flights), it is recommended to use compression stockings / underpants / tights, which the doctor will help you choose correctly;
- It is not recommended to wear pants made of dense fabrics. When sitting, in an inclined position, the folds that form on the fabric squeeze the vessels in the groin area;
4. When working while sitting, you should avoid forward-leaning body positions.